Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain and Me

Option 1: Stay in bed all day cuddled up in my cozy comforters with an interesting book and some warm drinks and hot bajjies. And listen to the lazy patter of the rain.

Option2: Drive around in my car with the best rain songs and let loose my repressed vocal chords.

Option 3: Make some comfort food, call friends home and spend the whole day playing board games and lazing around chit-chatting.

Option 4: Get into that pouring rain and soak till the skin wrinkles and the shivers start only to get beck to a hot hot shower and hot chocolate. And bajjies. And blaring music.

What I did end up doing:

Drove to work wishing I could turn around. Eyes popped when I got there around 10am to a full parking lot (it was terrible weather) and realized people have started losing all sense of a bad weather day! Went for that yum Indian buffet lunch (which did have bajjies and hot tea btw) and met friends, one by pleasant chance. Looked up all songs good for a rainy day. Did some work somewhere along the way. And drove back home with the volume punched up high and windows rolled down, the occasional spatter of rain a refreshing bonus. Went shopping with my roomie (my iPhone finally has a cover!!) and ended with some TV and tasty leftovers.

Not exactly what I would have planned but a lovely day nevertheless. Love Monsoon. Wish we had it here in the US.

No comments: