Friday, February 5, 2010

Thoughts Floating Around

Thought 1. European/Eastern movies have so much more depth of story to them than American movies in general...

Thought 2. I'm fascinated by how people are capable of assigning labels of characteristics to others... It just beats me... my reactions are so cavemanish in comparison :P

Thought 3. I never did get what the whole rave about Pan's Labyrinth is... I mean its well made and I can appreciate the nuances in the movie.. but maybe not totally cos I still don't get why people love it... Somebody care to explain?

3 comments:

me said...

my reactionaa to ur commentaa
C1 -- we don't see as many E/E movies here as we do American. And more often than not if you are able to get a hand of one here, its usually done good in some festival or a few. So they are pretty much the cream of E/E. Andhuvalana and Anduchethana, maybe there's enough of it going around and we are lucky not to see most of the E/E part of it.

C2. idi thittu aa? naaku ala anipinchindi. example tho kodithe.. tirigi kodthanu :)

C3. PL - I think - is a lot about imagination. And more to do with how well, the director blends imagination with the tragic realities of a kid. What i think is, for most of us this imagination is out of the world. We are so stuck to reality that anything that's slightly imaginative can astound us. Nee imagination level - I think - is a tad bit above the regular. So ilantivi chala common anipinchi movie koda common anipinchindi. Wait - that is a compliment. malla chaduvu -that is what i intended it to be anyways.

And before you say - "weren't you supposed to be working" - ayyo.. pani undhe.. ayyayyo.. pani chesukuntanu.. tata :)

Journeyer said...

Nice insights...

C2. ledu, thittu kaadu.. I think in general I react with nice/not nice or like/no like for everything without being able to give words to the reactions.. anduke me really appreciate ppl who can..

C3. hmm.. that is true.. the imagination part of it is really something. but I guess the inherent sadness/black mood kinda put me off

Journeyer said...

and I doubt that part about my imagination :P