Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Common Pot

Hmm.. Common Plate actually. The Ethiopian style of serving food - in one large plate for the whole group. Heads gathered close as people move in to help themselves to the food. Passing the injera around and scooping up the various concoctions; the dishes so tasty. Conversations needn't be loud as there is no table span to speak across while talking with one another. Jostling with each other for the tastiest morsel while making sure your friends sample the best offerings on the plate. Reminds me of my childhood - never have eaten from a common plate since! The familiarity yet difference in taste with Indian cuisine making it a choice variant of comfort food. My only woe was that I couldn't dig into all that sure to be yummy non-veg food lying right there on the plate I was eating from! Tempted but not truly - the veggie food was awesome! Love the whole experience.

2 comments:

me said...

me 2... and thank you for becoming vegetarian :)

The chicken people will remember and revere you..

Journeyer said...

Chaitu, nenu thine amounts ki people wont even notice prolly :P