Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Trials

I was at an acquaintances place recently and came across a drawing. By his niece/nephew. Three animals (I forget which) all lined up with a caption saying "Save Animals" - "Be Vegetarian".
I have always contemplated turning vegetarian and have tried it a few times - once even went a couple of months without eating meat. But it never stuck. I guess having been raised a non-vegetarian, I find it harder to resist. Or maybe that's just my excuse. But the drawing got me back to trying again. And this time on the very day I decided to give up meat was the night I ended up going to a store and buying some chicken pickle and relishing it. So much for my resolutions.
But I'm back on the wagon again since yesterday and trying to stay that way and these are my records to keep me honest & on the track.

This was my start:
Dinner yesterday: After about 3 hours of physical activity, got out craving some proteins & carbs (think lamb chops, gongura pachchadi with rice and mashed potatoes). Ended up with a grilled cheese sandwich from Jack in the Box - almost bailed and got the double cheese burger (slurp slurrp). Almost.
Lunch today: Salad bar. Did load up on eggs (decided that is still on the veggie menu for now).

4 comments:

K said...

have a suggestion...Prolly I can stop eating meat twice a day and keep it to one meal and u do the same? :) still maintains the balance in the world that u trying to achive ...with no one feeling pissed and prolly I can lose some weight in the bargain too :)...what say?

Journeyer said...

Love you for suggesting it :) Doing ok for now.. but you could still cut down on that second time to give me company :)

K said...

Thats what happens when people start becoming passionate abt any cause ...they dont stop there...they start converting people he he...:)
dont think i want to give up completely..Of the little I eat thats my only source of protien and also its quite limiting when u travel...

will try tho

Journeyer said...

I agree about the protein part - I'm busy searching for alternatives :)

And hey! me no converter :P
After your offer I couldn't just say no, hence the middle ground :)