Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fated

It was one of those things that was meant to be. Was running late for my flight - last minute shopping for gifts. Was busy calculating time remaining and alternate options to my green plans while I rushed home to pack finally. I open the door and who do I see? a friend, come visiting to check out the empty room for rent (he didn't know I lived there)! and he was gracious enough to wait while I packed and give me a lift to the airport. It was bound to be. A good vacation.

Met old friends and the new people in their lives, visited old haunts and the new looks they got. And then there were the snow flakes! magically floating down just when we got into the car. Early snow. Another wish come true. And the locked door that somehow opened and gave us access to the environs from days gone by. The lazy campus that would buzz with young blood come Monday.

I finally scored my hit. Only now I'm more addicted and already looking for the next one. The walk over the bridge, the heave of cars rushing past below us. The crimson Sun blazing out in glory - silhouetting the skyline. The yummy food, the multitude of people. The hunt for new boots. Meeting old friends, making peace with the past. The train rides, the maze of the subway. Insane hours and even more insane night sounds which just cannot keep you from falling to sleep. Hot air blowing out of the road, keeping you warm on the long chilly walks the city has to offer. Beautiful bridges over energetic waters. Streets throbbing with life. It is one place I will never get enough of. New York, New York.

PS: Thanks to my friend who magically appeared on my flight back home and circumvented the long journey from the airport and got me to work on time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an early christamas present :)