Thursday, November 4, 2010

Out There

For a while now I've had a hankering for being out there - in India experiencing the monsoon, the thunder, the breeze, the slush, the.... you get the idea - Nature. Even today I was sitting in front of my desktop looking at pictures of people scuttling in rains and hoping that was me. And then I realize, its not about where I am. Its about how I get around!

While at school I traveled by bus to and from school and home. Same was the case for under-grad and grad schools. There was a lot of walking involved too and inevitably one ran into "bad" weather under those circumstances. Only now that I have a car parked about 30sec dash from where-ever I am, I never run into "nature".

So in a bid to bring comfort to my soul, I have decided I shall take public transportation to work at least once a week. And seeing as I have early morning (come on, I sleep late!) meetings on Wed, Thur, Fri, I guess it shall have to be on Mon or Tue. And maybe I should walk to the farmers market every so often on the weekends too...

No comments: