Thursday, April 9, 2009

Destined for Another Day

There's one highlight on the road home that I really enjoy in my car -- a circular ramp off the highway 101 onto Montague Expressway. I am always trying to see if I can beat my old speed on it. Ignoring the suggested mph. And then before that there is the lesser interesting ramp onto 101 highway. Hardly worth talking of.

It was a lovely day yesterday -- the lightest of drizzle keeping the trees and air fresh. Green. With gray & white clouds. I think its my current fav combination -- fresh green and gray. Not enough rain to get soaked or worry that I had open sandals on. Almost so less, one would forget it was raining. Had a lovely dinner with a friend who decided to ditch her husband for the night in favour of some nice hot mirapkai bajji and gobi manchurian and my very entertaining company.

Was in high spirits on the way home. As usual. Music blasting. As usual. And then it happened. At the ramp onto 101. My FWD decided to hydroplane and went into a skid. All of 360 degrees. Lucky that there wasn't anyone driving right behind and that I have a very small car -- not big enough to hit the wall right next to the ramp (why's there a wall there again?). Lucky to have the lesser ramp.

My car is destined to be my wheels for another day. Atleast. Unscathed. I've decided to name her.

1 comment:

kiran said...

jesus saved u girl.... dont forget to say thanks to him :P ..... me craving for some more fresh green and gray, and the smell of first rain on the asphalt