Monday, April 27, 2009

What's Your Vice?

I love shoes. Not because of the extra inches they add - I could never tolerate heels for long so hardly ever try them. Though one of the three pairs I bought today does take me closer to heaven. I don't know what it is about them. I returned a T shirt cos I thought it was way over priced and then went and bought a pair of shoes four times as expensive!

Its just one of those things. Like chocolate cake. Or butterscotch ice-cream. You can never have enough of it. Will there come a day when I get too sick of the sweetness and give up shoe shopping? I hope so. I can't keep splurging on them like I did today! Now don't get me wrong -- I'm not one of those shoezillas who has a couple hundred of them. But I could do shoe shopping any day.

Some people love purses; for me its just an inconvenience - why can't they make decent wallets for girls too? Keeps your hands free. I tried Googling (notice the use of capitals). Why do people obsess with the things they do. The materialistic things. Without much luck.

I'd like to think I will be as happy without. But for now I indulge.

7 comments:

Macaulay said...

I think people obsess about material stuff because they are looking for an escape from the mundaneness of everyday life -- something to give them that momentary pleasure of being alive before things settle back into their usual ways.

Journeyer said...

hmmm... Wonder how we end up on our preferred object to obsess about though..

On The Move said...

Do all people really obsess about something or the other? I wonder what I obsess about, then :)

Shilpa Colluru said...

I obsess about shoes all the time :)

Journeyer said...

:)
Nail polishes next on my list :P

vital_statistix said...

good for you.. and also good for the job security of shoe salesmen :-)

Journeyer said...

not so sure about the job security.. I got mine online :P