Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some Happenings

Was listening to the radio on the way to work and they had this discussion going - "what would you do if your spouse called his/her parents over to live with you?". The hosts comment - "the only thing I can think of is to move out"!?! That's when I realized how lucky I am in my origins. I wouldn't change a thing even if I could.

*********

Was at this restaurant for brunch today; with very little appetite and feeling under the weather. Asked for coffee and it was served in the old style - a small steel cup in a wider steel saucer. Brought back memories of watching my Granddad and his ritual with coffee drinking - he would pour a small amount of sizzling hot coffee into the saucer, swirl it around till it cooled a bit before drinking it up from the saucer :). I did the same with my coffee today and somehow felt much better for the experience.

*********

Has it ever happened with you that you turn on the radio and this song you like just starts playing? It has with me. A number of times. And everytime I always end up thinking it was played just for me and I end up enjoying it all the more for it! I know its juvenile but just makes me happy when that happens :) :) :)

No comments: