Sunday, March 7, 2010

These Days...

After being away the last two weekends, I have started to realize that I miss home.

Home is now the place where the bed is made the way I like. Where things are in their place and so I don't end up leaving my cell phone behind. Home is where I can lie back and wallow in being alone. Sleep in till ungodly hours and wake up when I please. Watch what I like on TV and not have to wait for my turn. Shower forever and not hold up others.

But then again I got reminded of what home was.

It was where Amma got my room dusted and ready for when me and my allergies would get back. Where no matter what I forget behind it wouldn't matter as someone would always travel with me or make sure I carried what I needed. Where I would lie back and wallow in a story book while Amma toiled away to make me my favourite food to eat. Home was where I would wake up to a tall glass of bathai juice squeezed fresh and waiting patiently for me to wake up. Where I snatch the remote from Amma's hands and browse through channels till I find something I like to watch. Where a bath is meticulously prepared - hot water in the buckets, kunkudkai with mandar akkullu mixed in as conditioner for my hair and sunnipindi for soap.

And then I realized why the place I'm typing this from can never really be home and wait for the arrival of the one person whose selfless love makes all the difference.

No comments: