Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Big "O"

Days have been exciting recently. Lots of good stuff happening. Latest of which was a week long trip to Puerto Rico. Loved the place. And the bunch of friends I went with. Memories for keeps :)

I hardly remember what I was doing this time ten years back. Must have been at college, finishing my last year of undergrad. Fretting when the academic year would end. Before I move on. Hoping for a glimpse into the future. Excited about what was to come next. Definitely. Don't think I was giving the year much significance though. This year, a decade later, there's more caution in the outlook. Thought to things to be done yet. With age comes wisdom? Recently I've started perceiving past as a buzz killer - experiences tend to shadow whats to come.. not in a bad way.. just that they take the edge off the excitement - maybe with anticipation. And it bothers me that I'm probably looking more to the past than I did a decade ago. Granted there is more to look at now than back then :P, but surely its as futile now as it was ten years ago?

Just considering the present, I love the place I am at right now. With a good mixture of excitement and comfort. Not much to complain about. But there are things to do. Not sure why that was said with a but. If there were no things to do, no point to life huh? More than things to do, I think this time I looking forward to more meaning. Not sure what to expect exactly.. :) but hey that adds to the excitement! So definitely looking forward to whats to come in the next ten years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of the blog!
Totally feel so too.... based on conventional wisdom good things happen to good people ...just wait and soak in more on the good times :)